Quick Facts of
- First NameVince Neil
- Net Worth$ 50 million
Vince Neil, an American musician is famous as the lead vocalist & co-founder of the heavy metal band Mötley Crüe. Since the band’s foundation in 1981, Neil has released 9 studio albums so far & sold over 100 million records worldwide.
Along with venture with the band, the Vince also got hands in a considerable sum through solo career & business.
Despite his story of success, the California-born musician is barely away from controversies & legal troubles including for one vehicular manslaughter.
How Much Is Vince Neil’s Net Worth In 2020?
Professional since 1981, Vince’s success after co-founding the hard metal band Mötley Crüe barely sees a stop-signs; the vocalist co-founded the band with bassist Nikki Sixx, drummer Tommy Lee, lead guitarist Mick Mars– all of them are still in the band.
According to Celebrity Net Worth, 59-year-old Vince Neil has a net worth of $50 million as of February 2020.
Indeed, Neil’s music venture including album sales & tours is the main source of his income, but also, his business venture: own brand of tequila Tres Rios and bar-concept Dr. Feelgood’s Bar and Grill, gained him wide fortune aid.
Aside from work with the band, Vince Neil made a wide success through solo career & released 3 solo albums:
- Exposed (1993)
- Carved in Stone (1995)- $130,000 (100,000 copies sold)
- Tattoos & Tequila (2010)
After the Mötley Crüe Final Tour (July 2, 2014- December 31, 2015) which collected $86.1 million, Vince’s band signed a contract to end their tours, staring the 2015 tour as their last.
Moreover, the band with 34 years of the straight venture (1981- 2015), took 3 years hiatus after the Mötley Crüe Final Tour & later reunited in 2018.
Reportedly, they reunited for music recordings of their band’s biography, The Dirt (released via Netflix on March 22, 2019).
As per a fact, Exposed and Tattoos two of the most successful albums by him, both financially and critically. Likewise, his 1992 release You’re Invited (But Your Friend Can’t Come) and 1995 album Carved in Stone is accounted as the highest selling albums by him.
What Is Vince Neil Currently Doing?
Although, after the successful reunion tour of Guns N’ Roses, rumors surrounding Vince Neil’s band reunion came in November 2019, the band members later stated their reunion contract was destroyed, on November 19, 2020.
Despite these facts, it is reported, on December 4, 2019, that Mötley Crüe would open for Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett & the Blackhearts in the summer of 2020 Tour.
Earnings From Album Sales Of Vince Neil’s Band
Since the band’s formation in 1981, Mötley Crüe has sold 25 million copies in the USA- totals over 100 million copies worldwide.
So far, the band has released 9 studio & video albums, 2 live albums, 6 compilation albums & 32 singles. Some of their famous songs include Live Wire, Shout at the Devi, Smokin’ in the Boys Room, Girls, Girls, Girls, Dr. Feelgood, Without You, Anarchy in the U.K, If I Die Tomorrow and Saints of Los Angeles.
Studio Albums Sales & Earnings
|Too Fast for Love (1981)||Platinum by RIAA||$1.3 million|
|Shout at the Devil (1983)||4-time Platinum by RIAA||$5.5 million|
|Theatre of Pain (1985)||4 times RIAA Platinum||$3.78 million|
|Girls, Girls, Girls (1987)||4-time RIAA by Platinum||$5.49 million|
|Dr. Feelgood (1989)||6 times Platinum by RIAA||$9.66 million|
|Mötley Crüe (1994)||RIAA Gold certified||$500,000|
|Generation Swine (1997)||RIAA Gold||$650,000|
|New Tattoo (2000)||203,000 copies sold||$263,900|
|Saints of Los Angeles (2008)||100,000 copies (First-week sales)||$130,000|
- Uncensored (1986)- $2.6 million (2-time RIAA Platinum)
- Dr. Feelgood The Videos (1990)- $1.3 million (RIAA Platinum-certified)
- Decade of Decadence (1991)- $650,000
- Lewd, Crüed & Tattooed (2001)- $741,000
- Greatest Video Hits (2003)- $1.3 million (RIAA Platinum)
- Carnival of Sins Live (2006)- $3.9 million (3-time RIAA Platinum)
Did you know? The live album Carnival of Sins Live (2006) collected $1.3 million in October 2006.
- Decade of Decadence (1991)- $2.74 million (sold 2.11 million copies)
- Greatest Hits (1998)- $650,000 (500,000 copies)
- Red, White & Crüe (2005)- $1.5 million (RIAA Platinum)
- Greatest Hits (2009)- $1.35 million (RIAA Platinum)
Ownership Of Houses & Luxurious Wheelies: Where Does Vince Neil Live?
Currently, Vince Neil lives in his primary residence in Las Vegas, Nevada, however, is quite low-key about its features & purchase detail disclosure.
As reported, he owns another house in San Francisco, California.
The average house price in Las Vegas is$284,384 while at San Francisco, the median price is $1.387 million.
Formerly, the Mötley Crüe vocalist & co-founder owned a
5,370-square-foot property in Danville, California, which he sold in December 2015 for $2.5 million.
Fond Of Luxury Cars: From First Car To Collection
The millionaire music personality seems fond of luxury rides & owns a whopping collection of cars that include:
- 2001 Ferrari 360 Modena F1- worth around $74,000 which he often drives around San Francisco
- 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder- worth $209,000 that lies in his Las Vegas home garage
- 2008 Bentley Continental GT Speed- $199,000
- 2006 Dodge Magnum- $22,000
- 2002 Hummer H2- $23,200
- 1994 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur III
- 1995 Ford Ranger
- 1932 Ford
As reported, Vince Neil learned to drive in 1968 Buick Riviera & his first-ever bought car was 1973 240Z.
VInce is an active philanthropist; in the early episodes of The Celebrity Apprentice he raised over $200,000 under his charity, Keep Memory Alive, specifically to help people suffering from mental health issues, and brain disorders including Alzheimer.
Multiple Arrests & Legal Troubles: Conviction For Vehicular Manslaughter
With years-long venture in the music industry, Vince Neil has barely escaped his encounter with bails & legal troubles.
Back in 1984, he and Hanoi Rocks drummer Nicholas “Razzle” Dingley crashed after drink-driving that led the death of Dingley & severe injury to passengers of the confronted vehicle.
As a result, in September 1985, Vince was charged with 5 years probation & 30 days in prison along with $2.6 million compensation to the family of victims. After coming out spending 15 days in prison, he dedicated the album Theatre of Pain to Razzle.
Physical Assault & Fines
Over the years, Neil indeed has got ill-fame through his violent behavior & is charged for assault multiple times:
- After he punched record producer Michael Schuman, Neil was arrested in 2002 & was ordered to pay restitution.
- Even though he plead not guilty to battery charges against a “sex worker” at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch (in 2003), Vince’s legal troubles got him $1,130 outgoing.
- On December 15, 2004– Vince was issued for assault charge during his show on October 30, after his fight involvement left a soundman unconscious for 45 minutes.
- June 2010– The lead vocalist was released on a bail of $2,000 after he allegedly smashed a fan’s camera for DUI & plead guilty to drunk driving in early 2011.
- Vince was charged with an assault against a woman named Kelly Guerrero in April 2016; he struck Guerrero down by her hair when she approached Vince for an autograph until Nicolas Cage restrained him. Along with $1,000 fine, Vince got sued by Kelly for $150,000 in damages while Vince sought for the case dismissal in exchange for settlement.
Lawsuit for Unpaid Fees
The Howard & Howard Attorneys, PLLC filed a lawsuit against Vince Neil on December 10, 2018, for unpaid $187,364.01 in legal fees.
Later, the federal judge issued an order to Vince to pay $170,169.56 to Howard & Howard Attorneys, PLLC.
Married 4 Times & Parted Way With All Wives: Father Of 3 Children
The 5 ft. 9 inches tall musician married 4 times in his life, but divorced with 3 & split with his 4th wife (yet to finalize divorce).
Already the father to a son named Neil (born in October 1978), Vince married his first wife Elizabeth W. Lynn in 1981 & divorced in 1987. While together, they welcomed a daughter named Elizabeth Ashley (born on October 29, 1983).
With his second wife Sharise Ruddell (m. April 1988- div. 1993), a mud wrestler and fashion model, Neil welcomed a daughter Skylar Neil (March 26, 1991- August 15, 1995).
His daughter Skyler died of stomach cancer that led the foundation of the charity organization Skylar Neil Memorial Fund.
After meeting the Playboy Playmate Heidi Mark through a blind date in 1993, he & Heidi exchanged vows on May 28, 2000, & divorced on August 29, 2001.
Neil married his 4th wife Lia Gherardini on January 9, 2005, however, they separated in 2010, though they are yet to finalize their divorce.
The list of his former relationships includes Tami Jones (1978 – 1980), Lovey Graham (1980 – 1981), Alicia Jacobs (2010 – 2011) and Rain Andreani (2011).
Vince Neil was born on February 8, 1961, in Hollywood, California, to Clois “Odie” Wharton and Shirley. His birth name is Vincent Neil Wharton.
He attended Sunflower Intermediate School and Royal Oak High School. An American by nationality, Neil has native American & Mexican ancestry.