The Tonight Show Host Jay Leno Is Not Only A Car Guy But Also A Generous Man- Know About Charities
Quick Facts of
- First Name Jay Leno
- Net Worth $400 million
- CareerActor, Writer, Producer
James Douglas Muir Leno, popularly known as Jay Leno, is an American comedian, actor, writer, producer, and former late-night television host who came to prominence as the host of The Tonight Show.
The Tonight Show host has been working in the entertainment industry for the past 44 years. Throughout his career, Jay has been taking advantage of his status to help people in need. The multi-millionaire comedian cum actor supports various kinds of charities and barely stays back when it comes to giving back to humanity.
Let us go through Jay Leno’s notable charity works. Also, know more about the foundations and charities he supports.
Life Away From The Limelight- What Charity Does Jay Leno Support?
The multi-millionaire has been involving in various kinds of charitable and fundraising events for several causes. In 2001, Jay and his wife donated $100,000 to the Feminist Majority Foundation’s campaign to stop gender apartheid in Afghanistan and to educate the public about women’s situation in Afghanistan.
Likewise, in 2009, he donated $100,000 to a scholarship fund at Salem State College in honor of Lennie Sogoloff.
In August 2012, he auctioned his Fiat 500 selling it for $385,000 with all the proceeds going to a charity that would help wounded war veterans recover and providing them with temporary housing.
Here is a list of foundations/charities and their causes which Jay supports:
- Bailey’s Café– The organization is a center for educational and cultural activity providing youth with an opportunity to connect to positive adults, peers, youth, and seniors with outlets for creative expression, supporting good health, and nutrition as well as providing meaningful community service opportunities. As per sources, Leno has donated over $1 million to the community.
- Entertainment Industry Foundation– It is an organization that focuses on raising awareness and funds for important causes like childhood hunger, cancer research, education, creative arts, and many more.
- Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes– The Barbara Davis Center is one of the largest diabetes programs which specialize in type 1 diabetes research and care in the world.
- Keep Memory Alive– This foundation works to raise research dollars, develop a cure for Alzheimer’s disease, and build a state-of-the-art facility that was designed by Frank Gehry. The organization has raised $50 million to open the Lou Ruvo Brain Institute in downtown Las Vegas.
- Stand Up To Cancer– This non-profit organization aims to raise money for cancer researchers and scientists to come together and reach their primary goal: the cure for cancer. 5
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital– It is the United States of America’s third-largest health care charity that is involved in helping seriously ill children.
- LIVESTRONG– LIVESTRONG is an organization that aims to inspire and empowering people with cancer through education, advocacy, research programs, and public health.
Here are some other charities supported by Jay:
- Magen David Adom
- Neurofibromatosis, Inc.
- ONE DROP
- Robert F Kennedy Memorial
- Starkey Hearing Foundation
How Rich Is The Tonight Show Host Jay Leno At The Moment?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Leno is estimated at around $400 million as of early 2020. He reportedly earned $15 million per year as his salary from his hosting work in The Tonight Show.
During the peak of Tonight Show, Leno’s salary was reported to be $30 million per year, from which he agreed to cut off 50% after the 2011 season to help raise other staff to pay.
As per various sources, he makes around $10 million per year from his stand up touring schedule, which includes over 200 dates a year.
The 70-year-old actor owns a 15,851 square feet mansion worth of $13.5 million in Newport, Rhode Island. The house features 12 bedrooms and 12 full bathrooms and three half-bathrooms, including a carriage house, tennis court, walled garden, floor-to-ceiling windows, ocean-facing pool, and a six-car garage.
In a similar way, he rides around some exclusive and expensive cars worth over $100 million. Jay owns over 181 cars and 160 motorcycles in total.
Some of his expensive cars are 2017 Ford GT ($450 thousand), 1963 Chrysler Turbine Car ($400 thousand), 2014 McLaren P1 ($1.15 million), 1955 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing Coupe ($2 million), 1994 McLaren F1 ($12 million), and a 2006 EcoJet.