Quick Facts of
- First NameDave Mustaine
- Net Worth$ 20 million
- CareerSinger, Songwriter
Classic Rock Roll of Honour Awards winner Dave Mustaine is an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and the frontman of the legendary thrash metal band Megadeth and the former and original lead guitarist of Metallica.
He is best known for his vocals in the albums like Killing Is My Business… and Business Is Good!, Peace Sells… but Who’s Buying?, Dystopia, and Youthanasia, to name some.
How much Money is Dave Mustaine worth?
Grammy Award-winning singer has an estimated net worth of $20 million which he made mostly from the sales of record albums with the band Megadeth and from the tours and concerts he has been on.
Residence and Cars
The heavy metal guitarist owned a house in Nashville which he put up for sale in 2019 for $2.5 million. He bought the property in 2014 for $1.8 million.
He also sold his Fallbrook estate for $2 million which he initially put in the market for $5.375 million.
He drives a 2006 Aston Martin Vanquish S which is available in the market for $260,000. His garage also houses a 2006 Bentley Continental GT of $167,585, a 2006 Mercedes CLS500 which costs $64,900, and a 2010 Range Rover which has a starting price of $80,000.
Mustaine’s Musical Career
Dave started as the original lead guitarist of the band Metallica, but was kicked out of the band and replaced by Kirk Hammett.
He formed the band Megadeth in 1984 with Lee Rausch and David Ellefson. The band has released 15 studio albums, 5 live albums, 10 video albums, and 7 compilation albums.
Besides Megadeth, he has been featured in bands like Ice-T’s Body Count, Red Lamb, and MD.45.
Dave Mustaine’s Short Bio
He was born as David Scott Mustaine on 13th September 1961 in La Mesa, California in the United States to John Mustaine and Emily Mustaine. He studied at the Marina High School
The 58-years-old guitarist is married to Pamela Casselberry since 1991 and have two children named Electra Nicole Mustaine and Justis David Mustaine.
She has also been in a relationship with Doro Pesch and Diana Aragon.
Earnings from Albums
- Killing Is My Business… and Business Is Good! (1985) – $254,000
- Peace Sells… but Who’s Buying? (1986) – $1,160,000
- So Far, So Good… So What! (1988) – $1,100,000
- Rust in Peace (1990) – $1,180,000
- Countdown to Extinction (1992) – $2,415,000
- Youthanasia (1995) – $1,205,000
- Cryptic Writings (1997) – $1,750,000
- Risk (1999) – $1,005,000
- The World Needs a Hero (2001) – $219,000
- The System Has Failed (2004) – $171,000
- Warchest (2007) – $1.1 million
- United Abominations (2007) – $122,000
- Endgame (2009) – $150,000
- Thirteen (2011) – $120,000
- Super Collider (2013) – $86,000
- Dystopia (2016) – $48,000